Special Education » Non-Ed Funds

Non-Ed Funds

Non-Ed funds are used for noneducational support services in the home and allow a student currently in a residential placement for educational purposes to return home or to prevent a student at risk for residential placement for educational purposes from being placed residentially.  The intent of state legislation is for local education agencies (LEAs) to provide services that are not allowable purchases from education funds, to help families of this population care for the student, and to enable families to better cope with having an individual with a disability at home.  These services are not intended to be intensive or long-term but rather, periodic and short-term.

The documents below may be used when applying for these funds.

Participation in the area Community Resource Coordination Groups (CRCGs)
Program Contact