Training and support focuses on providing positive behavioral supports and services for students in cooperation with the TIER Network to address behavior issues across the three-tiered framework of MTSS/PBIS.
In addition, this program offers training and support in the following areas:
- Teacher consultations and technical assistance – to assist in effectively managing student behavior in the classroom environment (upon request)
- Collaboration with colleagues and districts - to develop appropriate accommodations of instructional activities and strategies to support students with disabilities in the regular classroom (upon request)
- Provision of Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI) - a management system for de-escalating a potential crisis situation. Staff will learn to safely manage disruptive and assaultive student behavior.
- Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA) and Behavior Intervention Plans (BIP)
- Special Education Discipline - Chapter 37 and Manifestation Determination Review (MDR)
- Community Resource Coordination Groups (CRCG)
- Restorative Practices
Behavioral and Mental Health Support