Association of Educational Office Professionals
History of the AEOP
The Texas Educational Secretaries Association was organized in Houston on March 3, 1951. Its purpose was to advance the professional standing of educational secretaries by providing opportunities for thoughtful and stimulating discussion related to their work, to increase their efficiency, and to encourage mutual understanding and fellowship.
TESA has been affiliated with the National Association of Educational Office Professionals, and from 1952 until 1980 was affiliated with the Texas State Teacher’s Association of School Administrators.
On December 9, 1970, an organizational meeting was held at Region VII Educational Service Center to form a local chapter of the Educational Secretaries Association. This was named Region VII Educational Secretaries Association. Officers elected were: Mrs. Lessie Craver, President; Mrs., Peggy Riley, Vice-President; Mrs. Essie Mae Leak, Secretary; Mrs. Frances Lee, Treasurer; and Mrs. Anna Bess Hedrick, Historian.
These officers were installed at the first official meeting of the Region VII ESA, March 23, 1971, in the faculty lounge of Kilgore College.
Secretary – Sabrina Paredes, DMAC
Treasurer – Linda Johnson, DMAC
Parliamentarian – Kellie Henley, CIA