Having safe schools is one of our region's highest priorities. We recognize that without a safe and orderly academic environment, teachers and students cannot thrive.
- Provide professional development opportunities through face-to-face, webinars, and online courses to school safety and security. Training includes but is not limited to the following:
- Emergency Management
- Behavioral Threat Assessment
- Dating Violence
- Standard Response Protocol-Standard Reunification Method
- Legislative updates
- Provide training to the mandatory safety and security committee(s).
- Provide on-site guidance through the security/safety audit process
- Provide technical assistance to the Safe and Supportive School Program Team/Behavior Threat Assessment Teams documentation.
- Provide technical assistance in reviewing and updating the Emergency Operation Plans before submission to the Texas School Safety Center.
- Provide an online safety survey.
- Provide on-site active attacker response training upon request.
- Provide unlimited support during a crisis or emergency
For Region 7 Education Service Center, each member district shall:
- Designate a School Safety contact and provide their name, email, and phone number to Region 7 ESC.
- Designate and share contact information for Safety and Security Committee members and Safe and Supportive School Program Team/Behavior Threat Assessment Team members. This will allow committee/team members to receive communication, such as program requirements, updates, and deadlines.
- Provide adequate release time for personnel to attend training and participate in campus walk-throughs.
To register for trainings, click here: Region 7 Workshop Page
Title IV Resources