Accountability & AssessmentFor more information: Crissy Haynie, (903) 988-6762
- STAAR EOC window opens
- Preliminary Accelerated Student Listing released in TEAL
- View What If reports and 2023 data tables and share when appropriate
Administration and LeadershipFor more information: Jim Moore, (903) 988-6834
- Review TEA Superintendent Resources & Guidelines
- Evaluate State Compensatory Education (TEC§29.081(B-3))
- UIL dues deadline January 1st Annually to State UIL Office (CCR D10)
- Review DFBB (LEGAL & LOCAL) for non-renewals
- Implement Winter Break Maintenance and Security Protocols, including IT
- Superintendent completes Independent UT 3rd Party Survey
- *Hire staff in accordance with district policy & procedure (as needed)
- Update AskTED
Career & Technical EducationFor more information: Mark Parkerson, (903) 988-6864
- Review Program Alignment
- Submit for CTE Region 7 Catalogs
- Review Student Attendance Accounting Handbook (Chapter 5)
- Review PEIMS for accuracy: CO22 Table
- CTE Modules: CTE Courses for Academic Credit (Math/Science), Career Prep/Practicum-Teacher/Administrator keep certifications on file
- Career Prep/Practicum teachers: 15-day requirement for training plans - Also see SAAH (5.7.2)
- Complete Perkins Advisory Committee for CTE programs (FALL)
- Review Career Prep and Practicum Training plans
Charter SpecificFor more information: Jim Moore, (903) 988-6834
- Charter holder must file an audit report disclosing all management company loans
- Governance Report due to TEA December 1st
- Expansion Amendments open January 1st
- Utilize the All-In-One-Form to update AskTED
Federal and State ProgramsFor more information: Viki Sparks, (903) 988-6840
- Review/implement district/campus improvement plans in accordance with district planning process (TEC§11.251) (ESSA§1112, 1114)
- Prepare for Revised Final Expenditure Report Submission, 2022-2023 ESSA Consolidated Application, due January 2nd
- LEAs that reported 2022-2023 TIVA Program Objectives and Measurable Outcomes will need to report initial progress toward meeting those objectives and outcomes. Reporting window is October 1st – December 1st. If 2022-2023 TIVA funds were not carried into 2023-2024, the initial report will be considered the final report. Reporting occurs through the Smartsheets App
FinanceFor more information: Dr. Michael Davis, (903) 988-6724
- *Approve Independent Audit Report, September 1st FY
- Review, update, and submit Attendance Projections in TEAL
- Publish Schedule C-3 from independent audit in local newspaper
- Debt Transparency Reporting (June 30th FY) December 27th
- Develop Budget Adoption Timeline
- For Chapter 49 districts - The Agreement for the Purchase of Attendance Credit contract, if not netting, verify date. Specific board meeting minutes language is required. Submit online in the TEAL-FSP System. CAD Cost, District Partner Data, Tuition & Payment Options must be submitted by check date in the TEAL - FSP system online. Excess Local Review - Download and review the Options and Procedures for Local Revenue in Excess of Entitlement (manual)
Food and NutritionFor more information: Genny D'Souza, (903) 988-6764
- Food Service Management Company "Request for Proposal" deadline is December 31st
- USDA Foods Ordering Updates: Transitions from TX-UNPS FDP Module to WBSCM
TDA is transitioning the following functions from the TX-UNPS Food Distribution Program (FDP) module to USDA's Web-Based Supply Chain Management (WBSCM) system to manage USDA Foods for the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and Summer Food Service Program (SFSP):
- Entitlement Management
- Receipting (for Direct Ship RAs only)
- WBSCM access determination by TDA: Access is provided to Recipient Agencies (RAs), previously known as Contracting Entities (CEs).
- For this reason, FSMC (Food Service Management Company) representatives are not provided access to WBSCM as it is considered a type of "Bank Account."
- Anyone who does not directly work for an RA responsible for the WBSCM account is considered a high-security risk from a systems security standpoint. From an auditing standpoint, allowing FSMCs access gives an external company the ability to spend funds in that account on the RA's behalf. This comes with a high degree of risk, requiring strong controls to oversee and manage.
Purple Star Campus DesignationFor more information: Beverly Beran, (903) 988-6910
- Region 7 Purple Star Campus Designation website/resources
School BoardFor more information: Dr. Drew Howard, (903) 988-6921
- Board Training Requirements (see number 4 within the link):
- Schedule Trainings for New Board Members: OMA, PIA, Introduction to the Education Code, Local Orientation, School Safety, Cyber Security, and Human Trafficking.
- Schedule Team Building (Team of 8) training with your Field Service Agent. The bi-annual EISO training can be paired with your team-building training if needed.
- Schedule required Legislative Update with your Field Service Agent.
- *Board Self-Evaluation (recommended within 45 days of the superintendent evaluation)
- *Approve waivers as needed
- Complete the board member information form after each board election and update board member information in AskTED. Click here to complete the board member information form.
School HealthFor more information: Viki Sparks (903) 988-6840
- Report to the Department of State Health Services the immunization status of the kindergarten and 7th graders by the deadline of December 8th
Special EducationFor more information: Beverly Beran, (903) 988-6910
- Substitute System of Federal Time-and-Effort Reporting (optional system): LEA Management Certification due to TEA December 1st (to be effective retroactive to July 1st of the same year. It will remain in effect for 2 years, to June 30th. If submitted after December 1st, effective on the submission date and remain in effect for 2 years). This is applicable to all federal programs.
- Monitor special education expenditures from the general fund to ensure on track for MOE (Maintenance of Effort) compliance
- Check current year e-Grants application for Carry Over funds and Max Entitlement (Final Amount) in eGrant. Complete amendments as needed.
- Check contact information in AskTED (TEA uses contact information for communications)
Texas Student Data System (TSDS) / PEIMSFor more information: Teresa Richard, (903) 988-6752
- Request to retire Unique IDs due to TEA for PEIMS Fall first submission on December 1st
- PEIMS Fall first submission due to Region 7 on November 30th
- PEIMS Fall first submission due to TEA on December 7th
- All RF Tracker data up to this point must be promoted, validated, and fatal-free on December 8th
- TSDS PEIMS Mid-Year ready for user to complete, approve, and accept submissions on December 18th
TransportationFor more information: Jim Moore, (903) 988-6834
- Transportation Operations Report due electronically by December 1st
* Requires Board Action / Approval