Home | A-Z Sitemap | Store | Jobs
CFR 34 § 300.34 (c)(3) – “Early identification and
assessment of disabilities in children means the implementation of a
formal plan for identifying a disability as early as possible in a
Identifying learning disabilities early is essential for
children to obtain the support they need to be successful in school.
Identifying the symptoms early is key to ensuring the child reaches
his/her potential. Early diagnosis leads to earlier support and greater
opportunity to ensure the needs are met regardless of the learning
disability. Much research indicates greater student success occurs with
early identification and intervention.
CFR 34 § 300.34 (c)(5) - “Medical services means
services provided by a licensed physician to determine a child's
medically related disability that results in the child's need for
special education and related services.”
CFR 34 § 300.34 (c)(10) – “Psychological services includes--
• Administering psychological and educational tests, and other assessment procedures;
• Interpreting assessment results;
• Obtaining, integrating, and interpreting information about child behavior and conditions relating to learning;
• Consulting with other staff members in planning school programs to
meet the special educational needs of children as indicated by
psychological tests, interviews, direct observation, and behavioral
• Planning and managing a program of psychological services, including psychological counseling for children and parents; and
The Legal Framework
We ask that you do not bring children under the age of 18 with you when you attend training presented by Region 7 ESC. Thank you for your cooperation.
1909 North Longview Street | Kilgore, Texas 75662 | Phone: 903.988.6700 | Fax: 903.988.6708
Webmaster@esc7.net | Customer Feedback | Directions to Region 7 | View ESC Closings | Scorecard
© Copyright 2017 Region 7 Education Service Center. All rights reserved.